Learn more about 6G-NTN and meet the project’s partners at this year’s EuCNC & 6G Summit in Gothenburg, Sweden on June 6-9.
This year’s EuCNC & 6G Summit will bring together cutting-edge research and world-renown industries, businesses, and EU R&I projects to present and discuss the latest developments and innovations related to the world of telecommunications, ranging from 5G deployment and mobile IoT to 6G exploration and future systems and networks.
6G-NTN will contribute to the event by taking part in two workshops:
The 6G series workshop by Hexa-X and Hexa-X-II
The 6G series workshop by Hexa-X and Hexa-X-II (workshop 3), taking place on Tuesday, 6 June in Room G3: As part of the 6G flagship research project Hexa-X initiative, this workshop provides an opportunity to connect and align with various 6G research projects, including ICT-52 and SNS-JU Stream B 6G.
6G-NTN’s partners Alessandro Vanelli-Coralli (University di Bologna), Mohamed El Jaafari and Nicolas Chuberre (Thales Alenia Space), and will join the panel for Session 3 – 6G architecture:
- Hexa-X/Hexa-X-II: 6G E2E architecture, architectural components and enablers – Bahare Masood Khorsandi (Nokia) and Mårten Ericson (Ericsson)
- A unified 6G architecture for vertical markets: the 6G-NT N vision – Mohamed El Jaafari (Thales Alenia Space), Nicolas Chuberre (Thales Alenia Space), and Alessandro Vanelli-Coralli (University di Bologna)
- B5G OPEN – Architectures for Multi-band optical continuum network– Oscar Gonzalez de Dios (Telefonica)
- DETERMINISTIC6G – a 6G architecture for deterministic communication – Joachim Sachs (Ericsson)
- Hexa-X Demo overview: Flexible topologies for expanding the service offering and efficiency in 6G – Panagiotis Demestichas (WINGS)
Aligning European NTN Convergence and Integration
Aligning European NTN Convergence and Integration (workshop 7), taking place on Tuesday 6 June in Room H1: Given the proliferation of new projects in the European context with the shared goal of integrating NTN with 5G and 6G Terrestrial Networks (TN), the ambition of the workshop is to create an overview of the activities and see how the various initiatives can all contribute to a coherent strategy to achieve NTN/TN convergence in Europe.
6G-NTN’s Project Coordinator, Alessandro Vanelli-Coralli (University di Bologna) will join the panel for Session 1 – SNS Projects:
- Opening and introduction to the day
- Keynote – still to be confirmed
- 5G-STARDUST: The Potentials of 5G-Advanced from the Sky – Tomaso de Cola, DLR
- ETHER – sElf-evolving terrestrial/non-Terrestrial Hybrid nEtwoRks – Konstantinos Ntontin (University of Luxemburg)
- 6G-NTN – Alessandro Vanelli-Coralli (University of Bologna)
- 6G-SANDBOX: Technology Validation and Measurement Campaigns for Non-Terrestrial Networks – David Artuñedo Guillen (Telefonica)
Join us at this year’s EuCNC & 6G Summit and learn about 6G-NTN’s vision to design and validate NTN key technical enablers for the integration of NTN and TN components into 6G.
About EuCNC & 6G Summit
The 2023 EuCNC & 6G Summit builds on putting together two successful conferences in the area of telecommunications: EuCNC (European Conference on Networks and Communications), supported by the European Commission, and the 6G Summit, originated from the 6G Flagship programme in Finland, one of the very first in its area. The conference is sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc), the European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP) and the European Association on Antennas and Propagation (EurAAP).